Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Website new caching system

 This is only available to my website not yet forwarded to the internet.

I use a universal system on my website to help me easily create new projects. To do this, I created a custom programming language, it isn't much though, the programming language is a way to easily store values, similar to json but more simple. This uses a custom file as well that is in each of my Project folder directory, which my websites reads to be able to implement onto my site.

Previously, my website used the PHP file reader. Which I thought was inefficient and could really be prone to DoS attacks since calling files needs more resources. So I created a caching system to cache all the projects in a json file inside an array for PHP to loop through them. This new method caches them to a specified amount of milliseconds. This new system used node.js to accomplish this.

Currently everything seems to be working find. I do have some more future plans to help decrease DoS attacks as well that by theory should be efficient. This new system workings will be confidential to prevent users or bots from making workarounds. But this system will be uniquely new as well. Maybe, it's possible other websites might use this method, but not entirely sure as the system would be completely hidden to just regular users.

No comments:

Post a Comment